Life insurance companies must register with FINTRAC.
An organization applying to register with FINTRAC may be denied registration if the organization or one of its directors or officers:
- Is a listed person or listed entity.
- Has been convicted of:
- A money laundering offence.
- A terrorist financing offence.
- An offence under the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act.
- An offence related to participating in, or facilitating the activities of, a terrorist group.
- An offence related to possession of property from crime.
- An offence for participating in a criminal organization.
- An offence for fraud.
- A serious drug offence.