Anti-Money Laundering Services
We practice federal Canadian anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist law, have acted for domestic and international clients in relation to anti-money laundering law matters and provide a full range of anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist law, criminal law, privacy law and litigation services in relation to the registration, reporting, record keeping, investigation, audit, privacy, and compliance provisions of the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act.
Our services include:
Reporting and Record-Keeping
We offer a full range of services in relation to the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act:
- Understanding the reporting requirements.
- Methods for ascertaining identity of clients.
- Addressing risks associated with politically exposed persons.
- Preparing industry risk assessments.
- Document retention and record keeping requirements.
- Developing and implementing a compliance program.
- Advice on cross border currency reporting.
- Advice on balancing privacy law with FINTRAC’s requirements.
FINTRAC and Other Investigations
We provide a full range of services in relation to investigations, searches and compulsory and voluntary information requests:
- Attending on criminal and regulatory searches.
- Regulatory, criminal and civil investigations and inquiries.
- Advice and assistance in relation to production orders.
- Advice and assistance with FINTRAC investigations, inquiries and audits.
- Search and seizure guidelines.
Anti-Money Laundering Litigation
Our anti-money laundering litigation services include advice in relation to:
- Regulatory and criminal law litigation.
- FINTRAC investigations, inquiries and fines.
- Compulsory and voluntary information requests.
- Dealing with law enforcement on anti-money laundering matters.
- Strategic advice in relation to AML and reputation management.
Compliance Policies & Training
We provide a full range of compliance services and training in compliance including:
- Drafting industry-specific compliance policies and programs.
- Training company personnel on compliance matters.
- FINTRAC enforcement guidelines and policy documents.
- Preparing research and policy papers.
- Interactions of AML policy with other regulatory frameworks.
- Coordinating governmental policies with anti-money laundering policies.
AML/CFT Risk Assessments
We conduct risk assessments for the key reporting industries based on primary and secondary sources, typologies and emerging threats that are site specific to the reporting entity’s business.
Commissioned Reports and Consulting Services
We offer cutting edge research services on anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing for reporting entities. Our research projects have involved researching and preparing commissioned reports on anti-money laundering compliance and media coverage analysis for the casino industry, real estate and insurance industry. We have also provided consulting services to enforcement agencies.