Life insurance companies must have a compliance regime that includes:
- The appointment of a compliance officer for the life insurance company.
- Written policies and procedures describing, among other things, how the life insurance company will meet its obligations under the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act.
- An assessment of the risks of money laundering and terrorist financing, and measures to mitigate high risks identified.
- A training program on the life insurance companyâ€™s anti-money laundering obligations and the compliance program.
- A review of the effectiveness of the compliance program, training program and risk assessment for the life insurance company.