Anti-Money Laundering Services
We advise on anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist compliance in relation to the registration, reporting, record keeping, investigation, audit, privacy, and compliance provisions of the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act.
Our services include:
Reporting and Record-Keeping
We offer a full range of services in relation to the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act:
- Understanding the reporting requirements.
- Methods for ascertaining identity of clients.
- Addressing risks associated with politically exposed persons.
- Preparing industry risk assessments.
- Document retention and record keeping requirements.
- Developing and implementing a compliance program.
FINTRAC and Other Investigations
We provide a full range of services in relation to investigations, searches and compulsory and voluntary information requests:
Compliance Policies & Training
We provide a full range of compliance services and training in compliance including:
- Drafting industry-specific compliance policies and programs.
- Training company personnel on compliance matters.
- Preparing research and policy papers.
- Interactions of AML policy with other regulatory frameworks.
- Coordinating governmental policies with anti-money laundering policies.
AML/CFT Risk Assessments
We conduct risk assessments for the key reporting industries based on primary and secondary sources, typologies and emerging threats that are site specific to the reporting entity’s business.