The agenda is out for the upcoming 10th Annual National Symposium on Money Laundering in Toronto on April 4, 2014. The Symposium includes sessions on the following:
- Report from Gerald Cossette, Director of FINTRAC on Current Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Trends in Canada.
- Financial Institution Lessons Learned from US and Canada on Money Laundering and Compliance ~ Tate Jarrow, Special Agent, US Secret Service, Jeremy Haynie, Special Agent, IRS Criminal Investigations and Mark Strange, VP International Compliance, Scotiabank.
- Asset Forfeiture and Money Laundering Litigation ~ Deborah Calderwood, Counsel, Ministry of the Attorney General and Naomi Lutes, Greenspan Humphrey Lavine.
- Tracing Proceeds of Crime ~ Ken Froese, Froese Forensic Partners Ltd. and Andy Karski, Detective, Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit.
- Asset Recovery – Criminal and Civil Routes ~ Melissa Adams, Counsel, Ministry of the Attorney General, Mark Evens, Dentons LLP and Dan Phelan, Counsel, Ministry of the Attorney General.
- Bitcoin, Hawalas, Prepaid Access, International Bribery and Corruption and the Newest Schemes & Law Enforcement Responses ~ Dr. Peter German, Former Commissioner RCMP and Christine Duhaime, Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.
The Symposium is endorsed by the Criminal Lawyers’ Association and the Ontario Police College.